ENGAGEMENT WITH GRAIN MILLERS ASSOCIATION OF ZIMBABWE
We have just spoken to Mr Tafadzwa Musarara (Chairperson of the Grain Millers Association of
Zimbabwe) and highlighted the numerous complaints lodged with the Commission around
subsidized mealie meal distribution and sales through out the country. We agreed that GMAZ is
engaging police to ensure that:
- There is fair distribution of the product on a one bag per customer basis
- The subsidized retail price of$70 is not flouted.
- Wholesalers sell direct to consumers and not retailers who will inflate the price later.
- All payment methods be accepted by those selling the product.
- Social distancing in queues is strictly observed.
As GMAZ they are on the ground doing spot checks.
Commissioner Rev Charles Masunungure
NPRC Complaints Handling and Investigations Commissioner